Virtek Vision International is a Canadian high technology company based in Waterloo. Virtek is a leading provider of laser and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. Virtek plays a dominant role in our markets and the major aerospace companies rely on us to create modern aircraft.
Virtek’s solutions support manufacturers world-wide in a variety of specialized industries to assist with assembly processes. Our solutions provide the ability to project a pattern of laser light onto a work surface or part with a high degree of accuracy, speed, and precision for applications such as composite ply layup, paint masking, placement of components or materials, to quality inspection and reverse engineering tasks.
- Manage the ERP system maintaining proper schedules, costs and quantities. Implement improvements and efficiencies within the ERP system.
- Strategically create master schedule and MRP files according to plan to drive system and component requirements through purchase orders and work orders.
- Maintain proper levels of finished goods and work in process for multiple product lines and service requirements.
- Create and maintain monthly production plans.
- Coordinate monthly cycle audits and physical inventory to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Ensure all inventory transaction processes balance; including orders, receipts, work orders, RMA’s, material transfers and shipments.
- Process all RMA’s from customers, including receipt, transfer, repair, shipping transactions.
- Ensure timely deployment of new product deployments into manufacturing. Work closely with engineering and configuration management to verify proper bom structures and processes.
- Implement and support lean process improvements within materials management and manufacturing.
- Develop and implement operations and product cost savings.
- Manage and mentor Buyer / Planner.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in Materials Management roles.
- Hands-on Manager with proven Leadership, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement achievements.
- Experience in ERP functionality including forecasting, planning, purchasing, inventory, bills of material.
- Designation or completed courses in APICS, PMAC or SCMA.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Ability and drive to take on increased levels of learning and accountability with responsibility, good judgement, and exceptional service attitude.
- Process and ERP implementation experience a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is a plus.