Are you a talented Systems Engineer that loves to solve complex problems and help people with your knowledge?
We are Able-One Systems, an established team of experts that assist our clients in designing, implementing, and managing optimized IT environments so they can focus on their core business.
We are headquartered in the Innovation District of Kitchener-Waterloo and have been serving our Canadian clients for almost 30 years.
Want to quickly see what Able-One is all about? Watch this 3 minute video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewaEJeNxHMc&t=5s
We promise that when you join our team, you will never be bored. Our list of clients are from various industries and are looking for innovative solutions.
Every single day, you will challenge your knowledge and abilities by troubleshooting technical issues for our clients, and implementing and supporting their personal computers, virtual systems and network infrastructure. You will even have the opportunity to work with our senior network and systems engineers on complex and challenging projects.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide a first class client experience with timely, accurate and efficient support on all technical issues
- Receive, log and manage client tickets ensuring service levels are met and issues are escalated appropriately
- Maintain consistent, accurate and current documentation and asset lists for client environments
- Assist with implementation, assessment, remediation and deployment projects involving end user devices as well as server, storage and network infrastructure
- Take ownership of projects and tickets, ensuring proper planning, execution and follow up, with timely communication throughout
- Leverage active directory knowledge for creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc.
- Participate in weekend and after-hours “on-call” and evening shift work rotations
- Utilize Able-One’s ticketing and time entry system for client billing and time tracking
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
What will you bring to the team?
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex operating system, software and hardware challenges
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting personal computers, printers, servers, network devices and a variety of Microsoft products including Windows Server, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge and experience in the areas of Windows, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and VPN
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent is required
- ITIL and/or Microsoft certifications (MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MCP) are a great asset
- Working knowledge and experience working with Windows Server, Linux and VMware is beneficial
- Skills in Cisco FirePower, or IBM AS/400 would be a great addition
- Driver’s License (G Class) and vehicle are required
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience working in multi-location or multi-customer environments is a great asset
We provide a great overall compensation plan.
- You will receive a competitive salary, full health benefits and bonus as part of your compensation package
- You will work in a beautiful, modern office in the heart of Kitchener’s Innovation District. Just a shortwalk from the Transit Hub, LRT, restaurants and the offices of Google and Communitech
- We will ensure you receive the training you need on the latest IT solutions to keep you ahead of the technology curve
- We have a full gourmet kitchen stocked with coffee, espresso and snacks; you might even find some beer in the fridge
- Our amazing culture is promoted with regular team building and social activities - we are a fun and supporting environment
If this sounds like just the role you have been hoping for, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about yourself.
If you are a top performer that loves working with clients and team members to solve technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.