Human Resources Generalist
- Job Function
- Human Resources and Recruitment
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Experience: 2+ Years’ generalist HR experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or diploma in HR, business or related field
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
Our small but dynamic HR team is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience to all Clearpathians. From ensuring we're hiring world-class talent to setting employees up for success and creating opportunities for growth, our HR team is there to lead the way.
Now we're looking for a talented and driven HR Generalist to join our team on this journey. You'll balance HR program development and improvement with day-to-day HR administration to ensure our programs are running smoothly and our employees are getting the support they need.
Your core responsibilities will fall into two key areas: program specialist and HR administration:
HR Program Specialist & Brand Ambassador
- Act as first point of contact for employees regarding HR processes and programs
- Proactively work with the HR team to identify and address gaps to build and execute on a strong people strategy
- Provide and maintain full-cycle onboarding program for all new hires, including pre-start tasks, first-day orientation, check-ins
- Support off-boarding activities, including conducting exit interviews and coordinating off-boarding tasks
- Support creation and maintenance of HR policies, playbooks and training initiatives
- Maintain employee files and info in HRIS
- Draft HR letters (for employment verification, travel support, promotions, etc.)
- Draft grant and awards applications
- Support HR Manager with day-to-day HR administration and program development
- Coordinate scheduling for employee training (e.g. internal training, health & safety)
- Support internal events and recruitment activities, including creating content and sending invitations, assisting with setup and attending as a company ambassador
- Work with Finance to administer and complete payroll for Canadian and US employees
- Complete benefits enrollment for Canadian employees
- Provide other HR administration & facilities support as needed
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
You're keen to wear multiple hats, roll up your sleeves and jump right in, no matter the challenge. You have a natural ability to problem-solve and identify creative solutions. You excel at collaborating and are a strong team player but can also work independently. You're looking for an opportunity to gain a broad experience in HR and enjoy balancing multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in HR, business or related field
- 2+ Years’ generalist HR experience
- Solid understanding of applicable employment law
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and adapt to fast-pacedenvironment with changing circumstances
- Team player with customer-focused approach
- This position supports multiple facilities across KW and some travel is required to various work sites, as necessary
Bonus Points For:
- CHRP designation or working towards designation
- Previous experience with payroll entry
- Experience in startup environment
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.