You have proven experience managing teams responsible for solving tough problems and delivering high-quality software with a great user experience! You’ve previously held leadership roles with successful technology organizations and now you’re ready for your next big opportunity. You possess a broad technical knowledge base, grounded in a technical degree and rounded out through experience working in highly technical environments. You enjoy a challenge and love solving complex technical problems. You are recognized by others to lead a team with integrity, inspiring and enabling them to deliver. You strive for continuous improvement in both yourself and your team. You are flexible and able to react in dynamic environments. You lead by example to get stuff done.
What You’ll Do:
- Set technical standards for the community and develop it into a centre of excellence
- Work closely with our Culture & Talent team to source and recruit top people
- Coach and mentor your community members to help develop them into world-class software engineers and advance their careers
- Provide oversight, support, and technical guidance for the team to help them execute and manage their sprint deliverables
- Develop tools, processes, and best practices for the community
- Collaborate with project leads and other business functions to help them solve problems and move faster
What You’ll Need:
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Experience writing consumer-focused software
- Strong coding skill in C++
- Team-oriented mindset
- Experience dealing with people and facilitating teams to find solutions to problems
- Minimum 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
Bonus Points For:
Here are some other things you'll become great at if you join the team, but bonus points if you've already got a head start with experience in...
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with the Qt framework and QML-based UIs
- Experience working on a product that combines both software and hardware
- Experience using Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Project management experience
- Scrum master experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design