Sr. Systems Administrator- Atlassian
Senior Systems Administrator – Atlassian Suite
Location: Waterloo, ON Canada
Do you live and breathe all things Atlassian? Do you love staying ahead of the growth curve and relish the opportunities that come with it? If yes, then you are the person we want to talk to.
McAfee is looking for a Senior Atlassian Administrator focusing on JIRA, and Confluence. As the primary Atlassian administrator, you will be responsible for effectively managing our JIRA, and Confluence ecosystem (Core System, Plugins, and Tools) and be our overall organizational authority in this critical area.
Working with the Director of Product Management and tying into IT Operations you will partner with various leaders and their scrum teams across the business unit to support McAfee’s Consumer-focused JIRA/Confluence initiatives. You'll be the primary person responsible for maintaining the Atlassian environment end-to-end, from design, systems administration, web service & application tuning, to applying standard methodologies to ensure we have a sound service/solution that meets the business needs.
At McAfee, we’re passionate about securing the digital lives of Consumers, and if you’re interested in joining our cause this if for you!
- Manage all aspects of the Atlassian toolset for the McAfee Consumer unit
- Configure and maintain the production JIRA and Confluence overall services
- Research, recommend, and guide standardized methodologies for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management within JIRA and Confluence
- Provide sustaining/operational support to ensure that day-to-day operational requirements and SLA’s are met
- Plan, evaluate, deploy, and maintain 3rd party plug-ins to suit the expanding business needs
- Lead process improvement, including problem management, and ahead-of-the-curve resource planning to reduce repeat of incidents and issues
- Maintain and ensure systems are reliably backed up
- Collaborate with key business partners to understand their business, recommend potential solutions, and secure resources to deliver
- Maintain key operational metrics and provide regular updates to upper management
- Self-directed and can work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor degree of equivalent
- 4 Years experience with administering JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Slack chat solution
- Deep understanding of JIRA and Confluence workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Experience integrating JIRA and Confluence with other applications (e.g. Git Hub Enterprise, Slack, Jenkins)
- Experience with API’s and tool integrations
- Experience with AWS major services nice to have
- Linux administration and experience with a programming or scripting language.
- “Can do” attitude, strong customer service, and track record on delivering quality results
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to customers and upper management
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the confirmed ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Scrum Master Certification and / or PMP Certification is helpful