You're an accomplished software engineer with a passion for crafting creative solutions to complex problems. You love working cross-functionally with engineers and designers to develop solutions which bridge the unique challenges presented in multi-disciplinary problems. You're thoughtful, creative, and quality conscious, and you're excited to use your talent to help us push the boundaries of human-computer interaction.
About Our Team:
We’re the Display-SW team and we deliver the software behind our smart glasses display. We figure out how to get the best performance out of our display while developing calibration tools that are fast and reliable. Our team consists of software engineers who know how to architect great solutions and have a background in areas like computer vision, projector mapping, warping and image processing. We work to understand the underlying physics of the display and deliver software solutions that improve its performance.
What You Will Do:
- Join our display software team to develop well engineered software solutions to help build new generations of smart glasses.
- Architect, design, and develop software to enable new wearable devices.
- Write robust, reusable, cross-platform software components to interface with bleeding-edge hardware.
- Work closely with other teams (firmware, electrical, mechanical) to solve new cross-functional problems
What You Need:
- Desire to be more than just a coder and a willingness to learn about new engineering domains to gain a full system level understanding
- Strong C++ skills (we’re using C++14)
- Strong intuition for software design and architecture
- Ability to break down complex requirements into individual well-defined development tasks
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with embedded hardware and electronics
- Experience with image processing libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience with Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with cross-platform development and deployment (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group