Senior Software Development Engineer In Test – Secure Home Platform
Title: Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Location: Waterloo, Canada
At McAfee, we live for the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers by staying ahead of the bad guys in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee! We are working on new and exciting products & services that are built on cutting edge technologies. Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people dedicated to protecting end-users as they enjoy their digital life? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you!
Most consumers today use home gateway and other devices provided through various ISPs to connect their digital devices to the internet. Home Gateway team intends to build a consumer security software solution on the home gateway. On a broader level the group attempts to gain entry into the iOT segment and open up the possibilities of securing large number of consumer iOT devices.
We aspire to hire a strong software developer to help us build a consumer software security solution on the home gateway.
An ideal candidate would be adept at scripting languages (like Python and preferably C/C++) and have expertise in the Linux platform. He would have firm understanding of networking concepts and protocols viz. Layer 2-4. Team will be constantly working across different hardware platforms. Candidate should adapt learning across new hardware platforms and have a short learning curve for the adoption.
A prior understanding of the software stack for home gateway viz. WRT etc. would be a big plus.
We intend to use C/C++ on embedded platforms (predominantly Linux based) where applicable. The gateway systems will interact with a server back-end that would support analytics powered by big data systems.
We are looking to have engineers with strong technical aptitude to be part of our team. If this is an area that interests you we welcome you to apply for this position.
This position will be based out of our Waterloo office in Canada.
- Design and development of automation framework on embedded platforms using C/C++ on Linux etc.
- Creating detailed mind maps (or test plans) of product features
- Participate in Exploratory testing of features
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Min. 5-7 years of software development or testing experience
- Min. 2+ years of experience testing embedded platforms involving routers, gateways or other networking enabled devices.
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages preferably Python.
- Good in design patterns and experience in any test automation framework.
- Knowledge of L2/L3, IP addressing, firewalls, routing, iptables, DHCP, DNS, IPv6 concepts.
- Expertise with packet capture and analysis with tools such as Wireshark and TCPDump.
- Working knowledge with REST APIs, verifying HTTP responses, methods and headers.
- Working experience on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Working experience on IaaS platforms like AWS, RackSpace
- Experience with Agile Methodologies preferred.
- Sound expertise in Linux. Scripting, Debugging & Troubleshooting.
- Experience with packet sniffing tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Excellent knowledge in OOAD, Component Oriented Software Design, OO & design patterns.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group