What you'll do:
- Be the CEO of your product feature or area, driving it from concept to market
- Understand the consumer, working with the User Research team to learn about their pain points, goals, and expectations
- Help define a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Work collaboratively with world-class designers, engineers, and marketers
- Write detailed product specs, translating research and intuition into product scenarios, detailed features, and MVP
- Work with design, engineering, and QA teams to prioritize scenarios and release them
- Establish product feature KPIs to measure product success
- Conduct usability studies, perform A/B testing, to constantly improve and tweak the experience
What you need:
- Background in defining experiences for consumer products
- Strong empathy for understanding consumer needs and translating them into products that improve their lives
- Strong passion for delivering an incredibly high-quality product that meets product, design, and business goals
- Previous experience in product management, product design, or product engineering
- BA/BS in a technical or liberal arts field and/or an MBA
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker. Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Capable of leading through influence; holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals
- Able to maintain a positive, confident attitude, be a source of team morale, and at all times stay composed and effective
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.