Hardware Engineering Leader
You are a passionate hardware engineering leader with a track record of developing products for the consumer electronics industry. You possess a broad technical knowledge base, grounded in an engineering degree and through experience working with highly technical teams and environments. You love leading teams in the development of products and through the process of solving complex technical problems along the way. You know how to navigate the complex path from concept definition to mass production readiness. You are experienced and comfortable directing and coordinating the activities of entire product development teams, with integrity, and inspiring and enabling them to deliver to plan. You are flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
What You'll Do:
- In this role you will be responsible for the hardware development effort for an entire product generation, from Concept Validation to EV, DV, PV, and Ramp. Typical activities will include:
- Being the technical leader responsible for the delivery of the product hardware; meeting performance, on-time, and within cost-targets
- Turning product requirements into solid technical specifications, and negotiating complex design tradeoffs throughout the development process
- Anticipating and resolving complex issues as they arise (mitigation, schedule impact, etc.)
- Project team leadership, overseeing and coordinating the activities of all the sub-systems that make up the product hardware deliverables
- Drive hardware verification and validation activities
- Develop and utilize engineering documentation and approval processes
- Regularly assess and report key project KPIs and needs to executive leadership
What You’ll Need:
- A proven track record leading technical product development, specifically in the field of consumer electronics
- Effective history of working with Research and Development organizations, managing development processes, scheduling, risk management, project reporting
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced development activities.
- Excellent communication skills
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design