Anthropometric Research Project Lead
You’re a creative problem solver with design intuition where merging academic research and theory into product solutions is something you meet head on. You want to collaborate with a team to build new computing form factors that have never existed before. You’ll work with our mechanical, software, HMI, industrial design and retail teams to solve difficult problems, meet tight deadlines and build awesome products to optimize the user experience. If you have a strong anthropometric research background and experience in how to fit physical hardware harmoniously with the human body along with a mechanical aptitude and you’re excited to be part of a growing, cutting-edge technology company, this job may be for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Study, research, gather/develop large data sets/digital 3D models to create sizing and fit strategies by applying anthropometric knowledge and best practices for user comfort, user appearance and optimized functional experience
- Lead the development of the sizing and fit strategy for our product including how it interfaces with the customer and how it is deployed through retail sales channels
- Work with a talented cross-functional project team to translate user fit/sizing requirements into a manufacturable solution that incorporates all product and retail asks to fulfill use cases and optimize the customer experience
- Develop creative solutions for complex engineering problems as it relates to wearing and interfacing with technology
- Contribute to the design of next generation wearables including: how it is fitted, how it is worn, how it feels, how it looks and how it is deployed to the customer
- Conduct design and schedule reviews, prepare project and test plans and related documentation
What You'll Need:
You will have 5+ years adapting products to fit/work seamlessly with the human body, guiding product development where the design is optimized for anthropometric considerations (size, fit, ergonomics, appearance) . A high level of experience is required in the following areas:
- How human factors impact the design and wearability of a product
- Experience analyzing data sets, extracting useful information and applying results to create design requirements
- Experience in digital human modelling
- Ability to create algorithms to sort, classify and select parameters that are critical to creating the best fit results
- Gathering requirements and managing projects
- Team leadership and project management
Bonus Points For:
- Having worked within the eyewear or wearables industry
- SolidWorks or other 3D CAD package
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design