Hardware Project Coordinator
You are a passionate technical project coordinator with experience in the consumer electronics industry. You have cross-functional experience with hardware, software and system engineering teams. You are comfortable working in a very technical environment and representing the customer from a product management perspective.
You possess a broad technical knowledge base, which is grounded in a technical degree and rounded out through experience working in highly technical environments.
You love solving complex issues. You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable when they miss deliverables. You're flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
- Within 15 days,
- Learn how project management works here and become comfortable with the tools we use
- Learn who the key people are and their methods of communication
- Learn how the product works at a high level, review documentation and presentations
- Within 30 days,
- Take over tasks related to reporting, schedule updates and milestone tracking for your hardware projects
- Learn the details of product HW schedules and understand them
- Produce minutes and attend numerous project meetings. Keep JIRA boards up to date
- Learn the details of the risk register and take ownership of keeping it up to date
- Shadow the PM responsible for 1-2 projects, start the ownership transition process
- Within 60 days,
- Become the sole project coordinator for 1-2 projects over which you take ownership and hold accountability
What You’ll Need:
- 2 years PM experience
- Engineering or Technical Degree
Bonus points for:
- PMP Certification
- Consumer electronics experience
- Previous work experience in a startup
- Launched a product
- Worked in wearables
- Manufacturing experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.