You're a resourceful technician/engineer with extensive experience calibrating, maintaining, commissioning, and debugging technically complex equipment in a high tech environment. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing a calibration and preventative maintenance strategy for all of our custom designed fixtures and commercial-of-the-shelf equipment. In this role you will interact heavily with various members in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality, ensuring all critical stations are performing as expected and quickly responding to issues to minimize production downtime.
- Within 15 days,
- Fully understand the components of our product by reviewing available documentation and meeting with various subject matter experts
- Obtain a deep understanding of the current state of our most critical stations
- Become proficient with our Manufacturing Systems (JIRA, Confluence, Netsuite, Arena)
- Shadow current stations owners for several days and support their activities (calibration, maintenance, debugging)
- Complete all Health and Safety / Manufacturing Training
- Within 30 days,
- Work with a cross-functional team to come up with a robust Calibration and PM strategy for low rate and mass production
- Calibration & PM tracking system
- Calibration & PM procedures
- Identify critical spare items
- Calibration & PM Schedule
- Support the commissioning activities of new equipment to the manufacturing line (Gauge R&R, training, layout, documentation)
- Be able to operate and debug all critical stations on the line
- Identify inefficiencies with our existing stations and provide recommendations to the Fixtures & Automation team on how to improve them
- Help define requirements for mass production fixtures / equipment
- Within 60 days,
- Support the Operations team during the PVT phase
- Help optimize all processes / stations to improve capability, yield and throughput
- Finalize the Calibration & PM processes and be the main driver of rolling out the program to all Communities within Manufacturing
Bonus points for:
- 5+ years experience in a Calibration / Maintenance role
- Work experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience working with Optics, complex fixtures, and intricate assemblies
- Hands on experience with automated equipment including thermal chambers/systems, wet benches, assembly & robotic systems
- Participated in the transition from NPI to Mass Production
- Experience with statistical analysis and 6 sigma concepts such as Cp/CPk, GR&R, DOEs
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.