You’re a highly organized and meticulous lab technician with experience operating a wide variety of test systems. You love nothing more than being in the lab gathering and analyzing data. You can draw on your years of experience to drive continuous improvement of measurement methods and lab procedures. You thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
What you'll do:
- Work with members of our multidisciplinary R&D team to measure and characterize complex systems. Typical activities will include:
- Operating test equipment, performing repeated measurements, controlled experiments, and data collection
- Maintaining a test queue to manage the flow of parts and test prioritization
- Analyzing, compiling, and summarizing data
- Evaluating test methods for accuracy and repeatability (e.g. gauge R&R)
- Maintaining a clean and organized lab environment
What you need:
- A meticulous nature and attention to detail
- Experience making very precise measurements in a controlled lab environment
- Experience analyzing, compiling, and summarizing data using common tools (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
Bonus points for:
- Experience measuring optical systems
- Photonics Technician designation or similar
- Familiarity with standard optical characterization tools (e.g. spectrometers, beam profilers, etc.)
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, or similar
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.