You're a passionate software project manager with experience in the consumer electronics industry. You have cross-functional experience with hardware, software and system engineering teams. You are comfortable working in a very technical environment and representing the customer from a product management perspective. You possess a broad technical knowledge base, which was grounded in a technical degree and rounded out through experience working in highly technical environments. You love solving complex issues. You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable when they miss deliverables. You are flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
What you’ll do:
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more agile teams and be an ambassador of the Agile methodology
- Coordinate multiple simultaneous and interdependent software projects for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Work with development teams to deliver software for platforms including embedded, mobile, and web
- Develop and maintain project schedules based on product requirements, technical issues, and business needs
- Work closely with team leads and product managers to write and maintain functional specifications
- Manage communication within and between software teams
- Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to avoid or fix them
What you need:
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience with Agile or Kanban project management methodologies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong track record of delivering complex software projects on schedule
- Strong track record with new product introductions to market.
- Familiarity with the strategies involved in developing software for different platforms and environments (operations, embedded, mobile, web)
- Familiarity with project and issue tracking and version control software
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- PMP or Agile Scrum Master certification
- Experience managing projects that involve parallel development of software and hardware
- Experience bringing a consumer product to market
- Experience with JIRA and SmartSheet
- Experience developing software as an individual contributor
- Experience managing projects that cross a variety of functional disciplines.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.