Copy of Accounting Manager
- Bonfire Interactive
- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now we’re ramping things into high-gear as we finalize acquisition plans that will give us access to resources and help us to grow our team. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our finance team led by Kim Veenstra, Director of Finance. You will be responsible for performing technical accounting duties while having the opportunity to work on initiatives that will have an impact on the overall business, including, developing processes, system implementations, and building out reporting to support rapid scale.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for improving our consistency in technical areas of financial reporting and accounting. This role will interact closely with members of accounting, finance, and outside legal counsel, along with independent auditors. Collaborating to ensure accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards, while supporting accounting projects and defining/managing accounting/finance process.
The successful candidate will be able to their combine research and analytical skills and have a desire to enhance their technical knowledge in order to support the dynamic needs of Bonfire. Previous or current experience working at an accounting firm would be huge brownie points, but we’re open to candidates with experience from different industries as well. What’s really important is you come with a positive attitude, excited about learning and can collaborate cross-functionally. Tech can be unpredictable and messy at times, you have to be able to roll with the punches and be adaptable.
What You'll Do
- Financial Statements: prepare and review financial statements including note disclosures accurately and in conformity with applicable accounting standards
- Compliance: prepare sales tax filings and assist in tax compliance in various jurisdictions
- Projects Ownership: lead ad-hoc technical accounting projects, as needed
- Cash Management: responsible for the management of bank accounts, credit card processes, and regular cash forecasting
- Month-end Close: overseeing the month-end close process including, review of month-end reconciliations and ensuring month-end deadlines are met
- Internal Financial Reporting: support the business by reporting on KPI’s and ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Audit: lead external financial statement audit by ensuring accurate completion of related working papers and be the main point of contact to external audit team with the completion of audit fieldwork activities
- Finance Operations: support requests from sales, product, or other departments (insurance, legal, government funding, data analysis, etc) as required
- Process / Systems Development: involved in the implementation of new processes and systems, ensuring proper controls are in place and assisting the business in scaling
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- CPA designation
- Experience working in public accounting or a scaling startup
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (ASPE and US GAAP is an asset)
- Extremely detail oriented- nothing gets past you when you review working papers
- Superior Excel skills - you’ve made Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs are easy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- Business process oriented—following existing ones, but also able to establish and make improvements
Join us now and accelerate your career
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.