Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer
RideCo builds technology for next generation transit. Fleet operators and public transit agencies around the world use RideCo’s cloud based ‘dynamic shuttle’ software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars. Our solution works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high- and low-density urban environments. Our customers include public transit organizations and one of the largest ridesharing companies in the world. At RideCo, you can be part of this rapidly changing industry.
You will join a our growing Engineering team directly responsible for building and evolving RideCo’s platform. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly available, scalable, distributed systems. You will need strong software development experience, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs and implementations.
- Work with the product team to design and architect new product features.
- Build and enhance APIs to be clean, fast, and simple for third-party integration.
- Simplify and design efficient data models to improve API and general performance.
- Identify and correct complex bugs and problems.
- Write unit tests and functional tests to catch and prevent feature regressions.
- Perform code reviews and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Work with diverse stacks, including both stateful and stateless services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experienced software developer (3+ years).
- Have built and maintained highly-available web applications.
- Expertise in designing, building, and interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience designing complex, high performance data models and their database representation.
- Ability to create highly responsive, device agnostic web applications.
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience with Python web application development (Django, Flask).
- Experience with the cloud (AWS, EC2, RDS).
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Strong scripting and experience building diverse, robust tooling (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Familiarity with Agile build and development processes.
- Excitement for learning new domains and new skills.
We build technology for next generation transit. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way it may pick-up other passengers going your way. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, and shorter travel time. RideCo enables this experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
While there are many companies attempting to commercialize dynamic transportation solutions, RideCo is the only company that offers a solution that works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high-density and low-density urban environments. This unique solution is based on patent-pending cloud based logistics technology developed over years of research by our engineering team.
RideCo’s early adopter customers include regional transit agencies as well as multi-national private fleet operators in North America and Asia. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
Negotiable base salary + shares/stock options
Send your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile), cover letter, and portfolio to:
Email Subject: “Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer”