RideCo builds technology for next generation transit. Fleet operators and public transit agencies around the world use RideCo’s cloud based ‘dynamic shuttle’ software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars. Our solution works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high- and low-density urban environments. Our customers include public transit organizations and one of the largest ridesharing companies in the world. At RideCo, you can be part of this rapidly changing industry.
You will join a our growing QA engineering team responsible for the overall quality of RideCo’s technology, from development all the way to production. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of testing within a distributed software system as well as an end-to-end understanding of common QA tools and techniques. You will need strong systems experience, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs and implementations.
- Work closely with Engineers to develop test automation strategies and frameworks.
- Build, maintain, and enhance tools that streamline and automate all forms of testing.
- Build and run automated functional, integration, stress, and performance tests.
- Run large scale simulations based on custom or real-world data to find or reproduce issues, bottlenecks, and regressions.
- Analyze and report the results of testing efforts in a clear and timely manner.
- Manual testing of mobile, web, and backend applications, as necessary.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experienced software developer or QA engineer (3+ years).
- Experience with testing mobile, web, and client/server applications.
- Strong proficiency in automation and automated testing, including functional, integration, stress, performance, and other tests.
- Strong scripting and experience building diverse, robust tooling (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience with Python web application development and testing (Django, Flask).
- Experience with hybrid mobile applications (Ionic).
- Experience with Docker and container based build infrastructures.
- Experience with the cloud (AWS, EC2, RDS).
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Familiarity with Agile build and development processes.
- Excitement for learning new domains and new skills.
RideCo is a tech startup. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about dynamically splitting the cost of a taxi ride with others going the same way? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
While there are many companies attempting to commercialize dynamic transportation solutions, RideCo is the only company that offers a solution that works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high-density and low-density urban environments. This unique solution is based on patent-pending logistics technology developed over years of research by our engineering team.
RideCo’s early adopter customers include regional transit agencies as well as multi-national private fleet operators in North America and Asia. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
Negotiable base salary + shares/stock options
Send your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Quality Assurance (QA) Developer