Senior Software Engineer - Java
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
About the Position
As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will help create the platform upon which SSIMWAVE’s solutions are built and new ideas are imagined. You should be comfortable and enjoy working using new and cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems.
- Developing the platform used by SSIMWAVE’s end-user applications.
- Working with modern and emerging data streaming technologies and frameworks.
- Work as a member of an experienced and highly motivated engineering team.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining developing and evolving software in an agile development environment.
- Provide technical leadership and assume responsibility for code quality.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Proficiency and professional development experience in Java and experience with object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience developing scalable, high-performance, software.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests.
- Experience working on/with Agile teams.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CD etc.
- Familiarity with data-streaming technologies (Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Flink)
- Experience designing, implementing and working with REST APIs.
- An understanding of modern microservice-based event-driven architectures.
- Experience with and interest in functioning as Scrum Master/Agile Coach.
- Experience with and interest in people management (servant leadership, mentoring, coaching, career development etc.).
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume package to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: November 23rd, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.