Copy of Test Engineering Specialist
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
The Teledyne DALSA Custom and High Performance Areascan Business Line is seeking an individual to fill a Test Engineering Specialist on our test development team.
This team is dedicated to defining and developing the best automated test methodologies for our Teledyne DALSA products
- You will work with Design Engineering and the New Product Introduction teams to define the test strategies for new product developments
- You will define and negotiate test deliverables with the Product Designers, New Product Introduction teams and Program Managers
- You will have the opportunity to influence design to improve test coverage and accuracy
- You will define test automation requirements and validate them before product launch
- You will support manufacturing in debugging and analyzing test escapes in failed products
- You will be able to enhance current test capability by improving functionality, reliability and efficiency of existing test equipment and by introducing or developing new equipment or software to meet the needs of product test requirements
- You will be expected to define test strategies for the life of a product including pre-production and design validation testing
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, possess strong technical problem solving skills and embrace challenge. The following are requirements for this position;
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University
- Proficiency in programming with C, C++ and/or Matlab/Python
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- The ability to debug and validate test code and test systems
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory and data analysis tools
The following experience/knowledge are assets that would help you to win this position:
- Experience in the area of software development for test systems
- Experience developing test using National Instruments software (LabView, TestStand, LabWindows CVI)
- Experience in the following software: SQL, Database Management
The position is for an 18 month contract, starting as soon as possible.
Please quote file number DDIA0718 and include references with your resume