At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
As a member of our Core Development team, your responsibilities will revolve around enabling our organization through automation and system integration that help deliver key functionality from our core. These key functionalities range from complex low-level system integration needs to cutting edge tools to help end users accomplish a variety of turn key business, customer and specific telecommunication functions and tasks.
Fibernetics prides itself on being a disruptive force in the Telecommunications industry and its this drive that fuels our innovation to deliver high tech, cost effective products to both residential and business customers. Areas we are currently heavily investing in are the IoT and Mobile sectors and you would also be heavily involved to help drive these initiatives forward.
We at Fibernetics believe in investing in our employees. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in our environment and turn technology problems and challenges into opportunities to grow!
-Adam Szakacs , VP Software Development
• Highly proficient in at least two of the following: Perl, PHP, Python
• Version control (git)
• Docker or other deployment tools
• API design and documentation
• MySQL & PostgreSQL
• Application frameworks
• Linux Server Environment administration
What you will be doing
• Collaboratively work alongside others to deliver value back to the organization.
• Work alongside Sponsors and Architects to create and execute project plans.
• Have the opportunity to design, code and support corporate and product driven development ranging from lower level appliance wrappers/adapters, component integration all the way up to both internal and external web applications (non-marketing driven rather business/customer function driven).
• Deliver full stack solutions.
• Work on projects and change requests driven by efficiency needs, cost reduction and innovation.
• Participate in supporting the applications and components that our team is accountable for in a team rotation support structure.
• Have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to state of the art Telecommunications and ISP specific technologies at all levels.
• Depending on the size/type of the initiative, participate and potentially drive some/most/every phase of the SDLC regardless of methodology.
• Document software/systems and produce helpful write-ups for other developers and/or end users in the form of quick guides, wiki entries, readme (git markdown) etc.
• Help shape our team by contributing to our overall goals of continuous improvement.
• Participate in or lead JAD sessions and scrums.
• Solution and estimate ‘in discovery’ initiatives and help manage our RFC and Project intake funnels.
• Oversee and mentor junior developers on projects.
Minimum qualifications of our ideal candidate
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Must be passionate about software & system architecture, networking, programming and technology in general.
• Enjoys and is good at object-oriented programming and design.
• Experience working with two or more from the following: distributed/parallel systems, enterprise integration, web application development, linux (production) environments, network software, service-oriented architecture, web services.
• Has designed and implemented multi-tiered solutions.
• Understands and can demonstrate the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
• Has had exposure to full stack development.
• Strong communicator with abilities to produce documentation.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Strong understanding of creating and maintaining relational databases.
What makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife
• Attractive benefit plan
• Three weeks of vacation to start
• Paid day off for your birthday
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization
• Dog friendly office
• Flexible hours for most positions
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7
• Showers on-site
• Lounge with foosball tables
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events
• LAN Parties
• Free parking
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!