Product Developer - Mechanical Engineer
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a health work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
There’s never a dull day at Alert Labs and with a whole stable of upcoming product releases, that’s never been more true than right now. Over the next year, we plan to finalize an extensive suite of utility monitoring devices and you’ll be a key part of the process in sharing this with our customers.
We require a creative and dynamic mechanical developer to join our Engineering team. We design simple yet elegant IoT products for homes and businesses. Our products are beautiful and designed with the user in mind, and we need someone to help us develop more of them.
As a mechanical developer, you will work in a multidisciplinary team to understand the product requirements, develop prototypes, test samples and refine the design.
We value developers who understand that simplicity emerges from a complete understanding of the product requirements and the customers who will love it.
- Experience developing electronics products
- Experience with plastic injection moulded components
- A good understanding of commercially available components
- A good understanding of many different manufacturing methods
- SolidWorks experience
- Understanding of GD&T and mechanical drawing practices
- Understanding of poka-yoke and Design For Manufacturability
- Nerdy t-shirts
Your responsibilities could also include:
- Creating concept designs
- Testing concepts and prototypes
- Working with supply chain and manufacturing to create products that can be reliably assembled in a cost effective way
- Bonus points for industrial design experience
Your experience should include:
- B.A.Sc. degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of relevant development