- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Software Developer at PointClickCare do?
You don’t just get stuck in the usual Enterprise Software world here. We work with Sensors, API’s, 3rd parties, mobile apps, hybrid apps, and other cool technologies for Full Stack Developers to work on. We operate in an Agile SW Development environment, and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
What does a typical day look like for a SW Developer?
• The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
• You’d also spend some time in the design and development in all tiers of web application, including front and back end design, database design, and unit testing.
• We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
• Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
What does the growth potential look like?
• Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A SW Developer will typically progress to a Senior Developer, Architect, Team Lead, or Manager. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
• Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
• We also really like candidates that have a good understanding of Enterprise Design patterns.
• Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with relational databases.
• For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer/Software Engineering.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group