Senior SQL Develop/Data Mart Developer
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Senior Software Developer at PointClickCare do?
You don’t just get stuck in the usual Enterprise Software world here. We work with Sensors, API’s, 3rd parties, mobile apps, hybrid apps, and other cool technologies for Full Stack Developers to work on. We operate in an Agile SW Development environment, and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
What does a typical day look like for a Senior SQL/ Data Mart Developer?
• The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
• You’d develop required database / data mart objects to support data retrieval for standard reports and extracts using Microsoft SQL Server for all areas of the electronic health record – billing, clinical, enterprise, etc. This includes but is not limited to tables, views, functions and a heavy emphasis on stored procedures.
• Designing data mart data structures and developing ETL transformations will also be required.
• We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
• Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
What does the growth potential look like?
• Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A Software Developer will typically progress to a Senior Developer, Architect, Team Lead, or Manager. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
• Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
• Ideally we’re looking for someone with 5+ years’ experience of database development, who has SQL Server (version 2005 and higher) experience, strong SQL skills, strong RDBMS knowledge and data mart / data warehouse development experience.
• We also really like candidates that have experience with various performance tuning techniques and tools such as profiler, execution plans, etc
• Strong data analysis/troubleshooting skills.
• Experience working with large databases.
• Experience in Java programming is nice to have but not required.
• For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer/Software Engineering.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
For more information on PointClickCare, please visit us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn