Electrical Product Designer
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a health work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
There’s never a dull day at Alert Labs and with a whole stable of upcoming product releases, that’s never been more true than right now. Over the next year, we plan to finalize an extensive suite of utility monitoring devices and you’ll be a key part of the process in sharing this with our customers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Electrical architecture and design for sensor networks
- Digital/analog circuit design
- PCB design and board layout
- Bill of Materials (BOM) management
- Process and assembly instructions
- Product cost optimization
- Certification and compliance (UL, FCC, CSA, CE, etc.)
Your experience should include:
- B.A.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or College diploma in Electronics
- 2-5 years of relevant electrical design
- Sensors and RF design
- Bringing designs to production (design for manufacturing)
- Circuit design and modeling
- Supply chain management
- Experience with automated testing
- Embedded programming experience
- Nerdy t-shirts