Supply Chain Specialist / Inventory and Sourcing Specialist
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and properties. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a health work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
Our Supply Chain Specialist will be the one-stop-shop for all material forecasting, sourcing and inventory management activities for manufacturing and new product introduction. As a key member of the manufacturing team, it will be your responsibility to ensure that material is ordered and available in time to support manufacturing and NPI build schedules, as well as, ensure ERP system accuracy of material inventory levels and cost data. You have demonstrated experience in the ownership of material sourcing activities, including sourcing custom components from overseas suppliers and experience working with MRP or ERP systems. You will be a highly motivated, and detail oriented individual capable of multi-tasking activities that are critical to the success of Alert Labs’ manufacturing.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Own inventory management & accuracy
- Perform all production & NPI sourcing & purchasing activities
- Material forecasting & shortage analysis with issue resolution ownership
- Maintain system material cost accuracy & product BOM cost reporting
- BOM cost reduction activities including sourcing alternate suppliers & components
- Perform cycle counts as required to maintain inventory accuracy
- Kitting SMT & production floor materials
- Maintain ERP system including:
- General administration (work order creation & completion, BOM updates, material transfers etc.)
- Monthly & Qtr end reports
- Development material movements & tracking
- PO generation & material receiving
Your skills and experience should include:
- Using and managing MRP/ERP systems
- Sourcing overseas - Alibaba-specific experience would an asset
- Supplier and contract negotiation
- Sourcing custom components from a drawing or datasheet
- Electronic manufacturing experience ideally in a high volume environment
- Ability to multitask & adjust to changing priorities is essential
- Excellent initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work collaboratively across multiple functional groups
- General knowledge of accounting an asset