At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a healthy work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
We require an outstanding visual designer to join the Product Development team that is creating visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and web products. One of the key aspects of your role achieving the right balance between business, design, and customer needs.
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
What Will You Do?
- Generating clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Presenting the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, understand and easy to find.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team that includes developers and product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Translating UX design specifications into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Working from, building and refining our visual design style guide.
What Skills Do You Need?
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined designs in a short time.
- Expert in Sketch and Adobe CS.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the graphic design field.
- Candidates MUST submit a portfolio of work with their application
- Demonstrated experience in the practice of user experience and interaction design, including sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in designing responsive applications for web, desktop and mobile.