SENIOR UX DESIGNER
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a healthy work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
We are looking for a UX Designer to work closely with our customer experience, marketing and sales teams, and to be the bridge to the software team. We value designers who are enthusiastic, engaged, and eager to work in a team committed to delivering industry-leading products and software.
We require an outstanding candidate who can turn customer and business needs into intuitive and delightful user experiences. This includes user stories, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and design specifications with a mobile-first responsive design approach. Our UX Designer will be expected to design the overall functionality of the software product, and validate it through user testing to ensure a great user experience. One of the exciting things about Alert Labs is our fever-pitch development cycle; you will work closely with the software team to build designs that are both elegant for the user and able to be implemented expediently. If you’ve got a visual designer hiding inside you that wants to realize your creations in their final form, all the better.
What Will You Do?
- Translating customer and business needs into UI concepts, sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Running user trials and performing in situ user research.
- Working closely with customer support, the sales team, business clients and end users to understand user needs and business objectives. Then hunker down with software to find the optimal way to make the most people the most happy.
- Creating UI designs that will work for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly testing and iterating your designs.
- Following and/or refining visual design style guides.
What Skills Do You Need?
- Five or more years of UX design experience with a degree/certificate in design or relative field. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with end users and business clients to understand detailed requirements, design user experiences that meet their needs, and evaluate your designs through user testing.
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to use high and low fidelity sketches and mockups to communicate ideas quickly and effectively throughout the entire design process.
- Candidates MUST submit a portfolio of work with their application
- Visual design chops to make your designs look awesome and carry them through to the point where they can be implemented by the software team using the existing style guides.