The Category Manager will be responsible sourcing, purchasing, and cost optimizing, improving efficiencies to support operations. Working closely with business stakeholders, legal and risk management to develop polices, procedures and tools for a collaborative procurement function and spend management. This role is a key liaison with our vendors, service providers and internal customers.
- Negotiates, reviews, and administers vendor contracts in support of company goals and objectives and to secure advantageous pricing and terms
- Accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders.
- Examine and evaluate existing contracts
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Interfaces within a cross functional team regularly meeting with Program Management, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Operations to ensure alignment and collaboration with critical stakeholders
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices
- Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Prepare, contribute, and analyze, purchasing related metrics and reports.
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profitability and gross margin objectives.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and performance.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, materials management, operations management or related field.
- CSCMP designation or similar
- 6+ years combined experience as a procurement manager or senior procurement professional
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to analyze alternatives and use judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Concur
- Experience with contract management database
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills