Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Are you an innovative person that is great at solving problems, connecting dots and working with business leaders to achieve results? Do you have a background and passion for product management? If so, consider applying for the role of Senior Product Manager at CARPROOF.
Do you like cake and bananas? The CARPROOF kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARPROOF? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
Located in CARPROOF’s London or Kitchener-Waterloo office location, the Senior Product Manager is a pivotal senior team member responsible for leading new product strategy and execution for their product portfolio. This individual will provide leadership and focus in defining, launching and managing new CARPROOF products for multiple customers segments.
Reporting to the VP – Product Management, this role is inherently cross-functional. The Senior Product Manager will lead cross-functional efforts that include product development, product marketing/commercialization, business development, data acquisition, technology and sales.
Areas of responsibility include end-to-end business-oriented product management around the core pillars of: research, build, commercialize, enhance.
Ultimately, the Senior Product Manager will deliver scaled products into the market that meet CARPROOF’s financial and strategic targets.
Specific activities include: customer and market research, competitive assessments, business case creation, product requirements, working with Development on product build and working with Marketing/Sales on product commercialization, product enhancements and management.
The Senior Product Manager will:
- Own and drive the new product strategy and execution across customer verticals
- Perform in-depth customer and market research to identify industry pain points and solutions
- Drive strategy by prioritizing top ideas and developing compelling business plans to pursue
- Champion the product through presentations with various audiences
- Manage product introductions and upgrades that include scope, timelines, milestones, and the prioritization of features and enhancements
- Work with the Development team in building the 'right' product, researching and prioritizing feature requests to ensure product success
- Work with the Sales/Marketing teams to plan and execute a best-in-class commercialization plan to ensure successful product launches
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong ability to learn quickly, who is ready to step into a dynamic and important role with corporate level visibility. CARPROOF is seeking an aspirational Product Manager that has the vision to be the ‘CEO’ of their product.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Four + years of product management experience developing and launching digital products, ideally involving data analytics and information-based products
- Experience working at a dealership or launching products into the automotive sector is an asset
- Prior experience working in an Agile software development environment is ideal
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably present results to senior and executive management as required
- Self-motivated with strong ability to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Pragmatic marketing experience or certification an asset
- Project management experience or PMI education/certification an asset
CARPROOF’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP matching program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARPROOF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.