Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world. Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
It's been three years since our founding, and we now have the largest user-base in the study abroad industry. We are backed by the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley, Toronto, and Beijing. Most recently we successfully raised $17 million in our Series A round!
We are a start-up built on diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken! Over the last 3 years, we have grown to 70 employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal.
We are looking for an experienced and accurate Accounting Specialist to join our growing Finance Team, and take our company and platform to the next level!
In this role:
- Manage the revenue tracking file
- Build and maintain rapport by delivering excellent customer service via accounting email inbox
- Follow-up with schools for confirmations of enrolled students and payments
- Prepare, enter in QuickBooks, and send invoices customers
- Issue account credits to affiliates working with ApplyBoard
- Post payments received from schools
- Process weekly payment runs
- Involvement in the month-end closing process
- Ad hoc duties when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks online, G Suites and Excel
- Experience on ERP systems for service company preferred
- Someone who thrives in a team-oriented environment, highly motivated, and takes ownership of projects
- High aptitude for prioritizing tasks with fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High level of Integrity, work ethic, and professionalism
What We Offer:
Besides having the opportunity to work with a brilliant and globally diverse team we also offer:
- Strong compensation packages with great benefits, to keep you healthy and happy!
- Generous vacations, which we encourage the use of because even the brightest of minds need to unplug sometimes!
- The opportunity to work in a post-revenue startup founded by UWaterloo Alumni and work on ApplyBoard's decision making technology used by hundreds of users every day!
- Not to mention the usual perks: the latest hardware, weekly lunches, monthly team events and snacks!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.