Software Developer – N-Performance
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software Development
Location: Waterloo Office
NAVBLUE Inc., an Airbus Company, is excited to announce the availability of several new software development opportunities within a number of our fast-growing teams. If you have a passion for flying and enjoy working with an international, challenging, rewarding, fast-paced, collaborative environment to further develop and grow your skills, surrounded and guided by the best creative minds in the global aviation industry, this is a place for you. Our innovative software development teams consists of talented developers who are enthusiastic about coding, skilled at creative problem solving, focus on quality and are working daily in an truly agile environment on developing the next generation of flight operations’ applications empowering the future of aviation!
At NAVBLUE, and powered by our extended family at Airbus, you will be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products such as our award winning flight planning solution, flight tracking, crew scheduling and other 30+ different applications enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on daily basis to deliver a safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world.
The N-Performance suite of products provide our customers with the information necessary to optimize the efficiency of their flights by calculating critical speed and weight data used by the cockpit crew. This allows the tailoring of payloads to the maximum limits imposed by airframe, atmospheric, and runway factors.
- Develop software to meet or exceed specifications and company standards
- Maintain/Create documentation for applications, tools, or systems as required
- Communicate project/work status orally or written, as required
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Participate in daily Scrum with team members
- Participate in design meetings
- Provide analysis and estimates for work required within areas of responsibility
- Review code committed by others as requested
- Senior Developers may be required to provide technical direction for solutions to projects within the product line
- Significant knowledge of C++ with relevant hands on development experience is required
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles
- A language agnostic view of software development with a willingness to learn and propose new technologies where appropriate
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies like XSD.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database design – experience with MySQL and SQLite preferred
- Adaptable and comfortable developing multi-tier, multi-threaded, multi-language applications.
- Strong focus on quality with experience in building unit and regression test suites
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Development experience on Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to iOS, Objective C, Swift
- Knowledge of FORTRAN and its integration with C++
- Knowledge of aircraft performance engineering with regard to take-off and landing data calculations is an asset
- Development Experience on Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of HTML5 concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.