Software Test Specialist
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked #9 on the 28th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our research and development team works in an Agile environment and we operate on a fast-paced model of continuous improvement. We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product goals. Our software testers collaborate with other developers, testers, designers, and forensics experts, pushing the boundaries in everything we do, to bring the best tools possible to law enforcement and government agencies.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a passionate Software Test Specialist, who would be responsible for contributing to the testing of our new and existing products, as well as our overall test strategy! Your mission, if you chose to accept it, would be to develop creative testing to push quality to the next level. The ideal candidate will help us to continue to enhance our test processes and infrastructure.
- Implement robust test strategies and create innovative exploratory testing
- Determine suitable testing areas and coverage
- Create, execute, and manage test plans, including both automated and manual tests
- Design and implement testing tools and environments required to execute testing effectively and efficiently
- Research and build test environments to stay on top of a fast changing realm
- You have a completed degree, preferable in Computer Engineering or Sciences
- You have a minimum of 3 years testing experience
- You have conquered the art of manual testing, smoke testing, regression testing, and black box testing
- You are a go-getter with a self-starter attitude
- Teamwork and collaboration is your mantra in life
- You are an out of the box problem-solver and love to solve a puzzle
- You live for Agile software development methodologies
- You love taking responsibility and making something your own
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.