At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Database Administrator to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day by being awesome. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
- You will administer and improve our database systems.
- You will administer our virtualization and storage systems.
- You will use configuration management tools (such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef) to facilitate deployment and task automation.
- You will collaborate with development and network administration; and be a contributing member to the overall systems architecture.
- You will participate in on-call rotation.
- You will work with an established and growing company comprised of awesome people!
essential knowledge and skills
- You have proven success as a Database Administrator (Mysql, Postgresql).
- managing data replication
- optimizing SQL queries and tables
- monitoring, managing, and maintaining database systems
- backups and data retention
- You have proven success as a UNIX or Linux systems administrator.
- scripting/automation (Perl, Python, Ansible)
- virtualization (VMWare, Xenserver, KVM, docker)
- administrating mail/web/DNS
- You have knowledge of IP networking.
- You have process documentation experience (writing knowledge base articles).
- You have a methodical problem solving/troubleshooting mindset.
- You have a passion for technology and are driven to learn independently.
- You have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
skills considered to be an asset
- You have experience with MSSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis or LDAP.
- You have experience with different storage solutions.
- SAN/NAS/DAS/Cluster FS
- You have experience troubleshooting PC hardware.
- You have ISP and telecommunications experience.
what makes us awesome
- Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife
- Attractive benefit plan
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible hours for most positions
- Full kitchen with free coffee and tea
- Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7
- Showers on-site
- Lounge with foosball tables
- Social Committee with regular company lunches & events
- LAN Parties
- Free parking
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!