Desktop Support Analyst
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices, and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring elite digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
What we are looking for:
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of desktops, laptops and related network infrastructure. The successful candidate will need to be very thorough, organized and be able to manage time effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This individual participates primarily in day-to-day operations, some technical research and project development to enable continuing innovation within our infrastructure.
- Installing, supporting and managing desktops as well as analyzing logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Working technical issues, and responsibility for related follow-up and providing timely updates on issues
- Documenting internal procedures and knowledgebase articles for end-users.
- Performing updates, audit and configuration changes of systems and software as well as documenting the configuration of the system.
- System monitoring/configuration, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware
- Reviewing system and application logs and verifying scheduled jobs.
- Providing support outside normal hours of work
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ technical experience including administration and support of technical infrastructure
- Considerable knowledge of Windows Platform, Apple OS X, Apple iOS, and Android
- Considerable knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Knowledge in Linux/Unix technologies
- Knowledge of networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of web application environments (Java, ASP)
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal and written communications
- Successful experience dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.