Customer Support Specialist, Strategic Growth Team
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
We are looking for an organized and efficient service focused professional who can provide administrative and logistical support for the Strategic Growth Team (SGT).
You will be providing critical customer service and support for the scaleup focused portion of the SGT. This role involves working with a broad range of scale up firms.
- Assist Membership Manager with identifying potential new client companies and onboarding them as appropriate
- Assist with regular portfolio reviews and offer back up with their accounts as necessary including managing some email communications on behalf of Lead Advisors, booking meeting rooms and providing tours for scaleup companies and their staff
- Create and distribute Monthly Scale up Communications
- Track and update internal Event Calendar for all scaleup focused events and workshops
- Manage weekly Scaleup Advisor meeting agenda
- Update and maintain list of scaleup companies on internal whiteboard as well as in CRM
- Manage government reporting for scaleup focused events, advisory board meetings, CEO Peer2Peer meetings and workshops
- Provide logistical support for all scaleup focused workshops and events including booking rooms, ordering food, posting wayfinding signs, etc.
- Supporting and participating in broader Communitech events as required
- Other Duties as Assigned. All duties subject to change.
- Excellent people and communication skills, along with and a comfort in engaging with persons from all organizational levels, including company C-suite and government leaders
- Strong organizational skills
- Service-focused problem solver
- Ability to support companies and people at all stages of the program, at all times – a multi-tasking expert!
- A proven collaborator, able to develop and foster relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Tenacious, with the drive to go above and beyond to achieve success
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Office or other email platform
- Project Management experience an asset
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by October 25 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2QE2HpF
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.