Chief Technologist, Partner
- Equity is available for the right candidate
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
We want a CTO who see themselves as being able to do more than build technology, and who wants to take the next career leap into something truly great.
You are a builder. An engineer. A Developer in your heart and a leader in your soul. Someone who likes to build and engineer technical things that other people can’t. You also like working with smart people. Creative people. Who, working with you, come up with bold, innovative ideas that solve important problems or that make people’s lives easier, better. Perhaps you have built your own company, or you always wished that you had. In either case, you want to build something, and be part of something bigger than anything else that you’ve done in the past.
If that sounds like you, eQuo might just be the next chapter of your already impressive career.
It’s an exciting time right now in the Toronto/ Waterloo region. Canadian talent is globally recognized, and we believe that a strong, connected community platform for entrepreneurs and the people who love them is our best way to unlock our maximum potential in the Toronto/ Waterloo technology ecosystem. That’s why we’re building eQuo.
eQuo is an inclusive community innovation platform of entrepreneurs and the people who believe in them. It is a platform built to allow start-ups to become scale-ups by providing the connections, customers and access to the capital, talent and vendors they need to bring innovative ideas to life.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and team-oriented technologist to contribute to our platform and provide the leadership necessary to help us realize our vision of creating One-Thousand $10 million companies in the Toronto/ Waterloo region.
eQuo is led by Peter Aceto, former CEO and President of ING Direct and Tangerine and Barry Hillier, a serial entrepreneur and Chris Carder, serial entrepreneur and start-up advisor and Entrepreneur in Residence for the Schulich School of Business. Together, they believe that eQuo will make it easier for entrepreneurs and the people who love them to connect with each other, startups can move faster, waste less time and increase their chances of success.
If you love the entrepreneurial pace, can see beyond 0’s and 1’s and believe in technology and innovation in the Toronto/ Waterloo ecosystem, then we want to hear from you as we are growing our team.
What are your Responsibilities?
- Be a programmer who is not afraid to add code as well as being a leader who oversees and builds your team
- Be passionate about technology and innovation
- Be unafraid to break status quo and be open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Be a creative contributor to the development of the eQuo platform
- Be an ambassador for an exceptional user experience
- Willing to work with engineers and designers who build the whole solution and see beyond the code
- Help us fix bugs and deliver on our commitments to our community
- Monitor and assist with deployments and service updates
- Create and manage integrations with third party partners
- Write unit tests
- Contribute to platform documentation
- Solve complex problems independently and collaboratively
- Work with the team to continually improve our thinking and our systems
Your first 100 Days:
- To help build out a world class programming and technology department that is creative, results and detail oriented and unafraid to be collaborative
- To help eQuo onboard the first 10,000 members
- To finalize the platform and ensure stability, scalability and usability
- To work with the CIO and look for improvements and opportunities beyond the current vision of the platform
- Proven experience building web applications in PHP and a knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS
- Experience working with Laravel or a similar MVC framework
- React or Angular an asset
- Experience with git
- Good understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Team Player with excellent communication skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Helped build teams and demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong strategic capabilities
- Vigilant about building quality products
- Willingness and ability to find solutions to every problem
- Willingness to not always be the smartest tech in the room
- A past/ present entrepreneurial venture
- Experience building or integrating to a Continuous Integration/Delivery process
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with automated software testing
- Competitive salary, plus bonus and options in eQuo
- Equity is available for the right candidate
- The opportunity to join as a founding executive
- The opportunity to be part of our executive leadership team and to collaborate and make a real contribution, strategically, creatively and technically to our platform and business
If you feel that you should be part of our team, apply with your CV and tell us why at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest