You're a resourceful technician/engineer with extensive experience calibrating, maintaining, commissioning, and debugging technically complex equipment in a high tech environment. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing a calibration and preventative maintenance strategy for all of Thalmic’s custom designed fixtures and commercial-of-the-shelf equipment. In this role you will interact heavily with various members in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality, ensuring all critical stations are performing as expected and quickly responding to issues to minimize production downtime.
- Within 15 days,
- Fully understand the components of our product by reviewing available documentation and meeting with various subject matter experts
- Obtain a deep understanding of the current state of Thalmic’s most critical stations
- Become proficient with Thalmic’s Manufacturing Systems (JIRA, Confluence, Netsuite, Arena)
- Shadow current stations owners for several days and support their activities (calibration, maintenance, debugging)
- Complete all Health and Safety / Manufacturing Training
- Within 30 days,
- Work with a cross-functional team to come up with a robust Calibration and PM strategy for low rate and mass production
- Calibration & PM tracking system
- Calibration & PM procedures
- Identify critical spare items
- Calibration & PM Schedule
- Support the commissioning activities of new equipment to the manufacturing line (Gauge R&R, training, layout, documentation)
- Be able to operate and debug all critical stations on the line
- Identify inefficiencies with our existing stations and provide recommendations to the Fixtures & Automation team on how to improve them
- Help define requirements for mass production fixtures / equipment
- Within 60 days,
- Support the Operations team during the PVT phase
- Help optimize all processes / stations to improve capability, yield and throughput
- Finalize the Calibration & PM processes and be the main driver of rolling out the program to all Communities within Manufacturing
Bonus points for:
- 5+ years experience in a Calibration / Maintenance role
- Work experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience working with Optics, complex fixtures, and intricate assemblies
- Hands on experience with automated equipment including thermal chambers/systems, wet benches, assembly & robotic systems
- Participated in the transition from NPI to Mass Production
- Experience with statistical analysis and 6 sigma concepts such as Cp/CPk, GR&R, DOEs
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech