Hardware Project Manager
You are a driven and passionate person with experience in the consumer electronics industry. You have cross-functional experience with hardware, software and system engineering teams. You are comfortable working in a technical environment and enjoy working with technology.
You understand how technology works-your knowledge is grounded in a technical degree and was rounded out through experience working in engineering environments.
You love solving complex issues. You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable to ensure they hit deliverables. You are flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
What You Will Do:
- Within 15 days,
- Learn how project management works here and become comfortable with the tools we use
- Learn who the key people are and their main methods of communication
- Learn how the current products under development work at a high level
- Attend your future project meetings
- Within 30 days,
- Understand the technical aspects of the project in detail
- Understand the project inputs, outputs, and key stakeholders
- Learn the details of the product HW schedule and understand it
- Get up to speed and help with the project management function for 2-3 projects: resources, deliverables, schedule, organization, communication
- Shadow the current project manager responsible for these projects and start to take over ownership
- Within 60 days,
- Take over full project management ownership of 2-3 projects
- Become a trusted contact for your projects
- Fully understand all aspects of your projects
- Take on 1-2 more projects with help from another project manager
- Plan the next phase of your projects
What You’ll Need:
- 5 years PM experience
- Experience working at a tech company
- Engineering degree
Bonus points for:
- Consumer electronics experience
- Previous work experience in a startup and/or wearables
- Having launched a product
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.