- IGNIS Innovation Inc.
- Salary + company paid benefits
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
FPGA Design Engineer
What is the job?
IGNIS unique approach to improving the image quality of the emissive displays is based on compensation algorithm for nonuniformity and image sticking have been recognized across the industry for offering unparalleled performance. Our continuous improvements and the integration of these algorithms have resulted in world-class patents and publications. We are looking for people with a wild imagination that can link the phenomenal across a multi-technology platform and come up with unique and practical solutions.
What will you do?
- Evaluation features on hardware and debugs using lab equipment.
- Understand the operation and contribute to the design of display systems.
- Coordinate design efforts with software and hardware engineers to develop solutions.
- Document designs and processes relating to the development cycle.
- Develop and maintain FPGA code for display prototypes and test systems.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups within IGNIS.
- Identify and recommends improvements and enhancements to processes and technology for both new and existing projects.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of FPGA Design experience.
- Knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog for design and verification.
- FPGA synthesis flow, system verification, and validation.
- Capable of operating in a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Image Processing experience.
- Basic UVM knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of hardware/PCB design.
- Basic knowledge of embedded software.
What’s in it for you?
Working in a casual environment you will be part of the team that improves the quality, longevity, and affordability of AMOLED displays.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include paid vacation and participation in the company health, dental and vision plan.
- Eligible for stock options, bonuses and/or salary increases as per company policy.
AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are a new cutting-edge display technology, used in a variety of applications from mobile phones to UHD TV. They offer superior image quality to AMLCD, lower power consumption, more vibrant colours, and lower manufacturing costs.
Established in 2000, IGNIS Innovation Inc. has become the leading independent supplier of technology for AMOLED displays. We develop the technology that makes AMOLED displays last longer, look better, and cost less. Spun off from the University of Waterloo, and based on more than 10 years of R&D, has more than 207 patents granted. IGNIS has strong relationships in Asia with leading display manufacturers who are introducing OLEDs into the global marketplace.
*IGNIS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.