Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer (Senior)
- IGNIS Innovation Inc.
- Salary + company paid benefits
- Job Function
- Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
What is the job?
IGNIS unique approach to improving the image quality of the emissive displays is based on compensation algorithm for nonuniformity and image sticking have been recognized across the industry for offering unparalleled performance. Our continuous improvements and integration of these algorithms have resulted in world-class patents and publications. We are looking for people with a wild imagination that can link the phenomenal across a multi-technology platform and come up with unique and practical solutions.
What will you do?
- Design and implementation of power efficient drivers (including multi-channel ADC, DAC, op-amp, comparator, bandgap, voltage buffer and S&H with unique features) for AMOLED displays using standard CMOS technology.
- Design and implementation of display array and integrated drivers using Thin Film Transistor (TFT) technology (working with technology cutting-edge platform such printed transistors and optoelectronic devices, flexible transistors and optoelectronic devices, metal oxide semiconductors, organic semiconductors etc.)
- Design and implement sensing circuits and data acquisition for display array (developing system on an array for a multi-functional system).
- Define circuit requirements and be expected to be involved in all aspects of the analog design process from schematic, layout and verification to the characterization of circuits in the lab.
- Conduct schematic design of deep-submicron CMOS technologies using spectre, HSPICE, eldo or AMS Simulator.
- Optimize the circuit to meet the specifications for system performance.
- Take responsibility for the architecture, transistor design and verification using industry standard EDA tools such as Cadence virtuoso.
- Work closely with development engineers to understand product functionality.
- Work with layout engineers by providing detailed floorplan and mentorship especially for matching and sensitive routings. Having layout experience is plus.
- Collaborate with suppliers/partners and in-house teams for circuit and system level testing and verification.
- Provide support for post-silicon bring-up, debugging and documentation.
What do you need to succeed?
- M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 5+ years industrial experience in sub-micron analog mixed signal circuit design or a Ph.D. with a minimum of 2+ years of related experience.
- CMOS Analog / Mixed Signal Circuit Design Experience in deep sub-micron process.
- Experience with analog behavioral modeling (Verilog-A and Verilog-AMS).
- Experience with design and verification tools (Cadence's IC design environment, analog circuit simulation tools like spectre, HSPICE, eldo, and AMS).
- Analog simulation for noise analysis, loop stability analysis, ac/dc/transient analysis, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Knowledge of TFT Panel process, pixels design and architecture for AMOLED/LCD display is plus.
What’s in it for you?
Working in a casual environment you will be part of the team that improves the quality, longevity, and affordability of AMOLED displays.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include paid vacation and participation in the company health, dental and vision plan.
- Eligible for stock options, bonuses and/or salary increases as per company policy.
AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are a new cutting-edge display technology, used in a variety of applications from mobile phones to UHD TV. They offer superior image quality to AMLCD, lower power consumption, more vibrant colours, and lower manufacturing costs.
Established in 2000, IGNIS Innovation Inc. has become the leading independent supplier of technology for AMOLED displays. We develop the technology that makes AMOLED displays last longer, look better, and cost less. Spun off from the University of Waterloo, and based on more than 10 years of R&D, has more than 207 patents granted. IGNIS has strong relationships in Asia with leading display manufacturers who are introducing OLEDs into the global marketplace.
*IGNIS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.