Faire is using Machine Learning to change wholesale and help local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores. We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner), we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We’re looking for VP of Development to develop and execute strategic initiatives for our engineering team. Our current initiatives are focused on scaling up operations, switching servers, starting microservices, releasing mobile applications on Android and iOS as well as further developing our web app. At the same time we are wanting to implement best practices internally to ensure our system can manage our rapid growth without breaking down. We need someone who knows what to do and have the confidence to execute on it.
As a VP of Engineering, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Take ownership of our code coverage and develop a strategy to increase it over time
- Work with the engineering team to audit our existing tools and ensure we are equipped with the right technology to measure and enforce code quality
- Build an engineering management team from scratch to help stay on top of our OKRs and keep our employees engaged
- Identify any existing and future gaps in our engineering team and working with our talent team to fill in those holes
- Work with our CTO to ensure we’re on pace to achieve our OKRs as well as developing future metrics for success
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will..
- Lead at the junction of business, product, technology, and team challenges, and who can use the scale of Faire today to accelerate growth
- Work in a rapidly growing company with new challenges and opportunities on a daily basis, never being a dull moment
- Build and improve engineering groups that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products
- Work with talented engineers who can see your vision through
- Take ownership of critical strategic initiatives and seeing them through
- Work with state of the art tools, we want the best tech to achieve the best results.
We are excited about you because you have….
- Experience leading and growing a large team of software engineers
- You have 8+ years engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations
- A bachelor's degree Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use:
- React (ReactJS, React.js), Redux, RxJS
- Jest, Puppeteer
You're excited about us because we offer…
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer and pretzel game nights, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- Great technology stack -- React/Redux and friends. We’re going mobile, so that will be a great opportunity to stretch your skills with React Native.
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 60,000 retailers to the Faire platform less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner and we were named one of the top 8 companies at our Y-Combinator Demo Day last year.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
- VentureBeat: Indigo Fair Raises $12M to Reinvent Wholesale
- WSJ: Indigo Fair Collects $12M to Supply Series A to Supply Local Stores
- The Decentralization of Retail
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us. To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!