Software Test Developer
D2L is changing how the world learns. Our software is used daily by millions of users and growing fast. We are looking for innovative, passionate and talented people to help us build the best learning experience on the planet.
Do you have the talent and drive to help us change how the world learns? Test Developers at D2L are passionate about building quality, secure, high performing software. They tackle tough technical and non-technical testing challenges.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You will contribute to technology that will transform teaching and learning for millions of people. Improving education for millions of people provides a rare opportunity to make a real and significant difference in the world!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
- You will work with smart, creative and dedicated people that care deeply about the quality of the product you are building
- You will work on challenging problems, helping your team validate functional and non-functional behavior and capabilities on a product with web-scale performance, scalability and availability requirements
- You will apply some of the latest technologies and best practices to your work and will have the authority to choose the right tool for the job
LOVE HOW YOU DO IT
- You will work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Testers, Designers, Technical Product Manager, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Practice Exploratory Testing with Session Based Test Management
- Automate testing of interesting product areas
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Enable test-first designs like Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
- Build performance tests to ensure we are always improving product performance
- Build the frameworks to enable automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Create robust, maintainable automation suites to monitor the quality of our products
- Collaborate to create specific acceptance criteria
- Be a compelling communicator of quality concerns
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general we are looking for:
- You are an expert in finding defects and design issues in software during all phases of the software development process
- You have a high bar for quality, software performance, and security
- You create and nurture feedback loops to provide information for continuous improvement of testing
- You identify risks and gaps in analysis and test coverage through sound critical thinking
- You design effective automation tests and contribute to automation frameworks
- You collaborate effectively, helping your team to develop testable features, and identifying test tasks during design
- You are passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
OPEN, COLLABORATIVE, LEARNING
- Join one of D2L's Communities of Practice to sharpen your skills and discuss big picture issues
- Attend one of many internal lunch and learns
- Attend conferences and workshops
- Propose approaches to solve common problems - we welcome all new ideas
- Mentor and learn
- Be an active member of the testing community, always pushing the boundaries of testing methodologies
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Why D2L Kitchener is awesome!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit