Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for developers who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
We are looking for talented, passionate web developers to join our web platform team. The components and services our platform team designs and builds are used by our entire product development group, and will be seen by millions of users.
We’re looking for developers who are constantly on the cutting edge of the web technology space, and are always looking for ways to learn, innovate and improve. They take pride not just in getting things done, but in getting them done well.
How will I make an Impact?
- Writing beautiful, scalable, efficient, cross-browser front-end UI components and systems
- Collaborating with talented designers to ensure our applications are usable, accessible and responsive
- Troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Incorporating automated unit, integration, perceptual, performance and accessibility testing into the development process
- Evangelizing best practices in front-end engineering
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Comfortable working anywhere in the stack (front-end, server-side application code, database, cloud), but who has a passion for client-side development
- Experience with but without a reliance on modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue.js and Polymer
- Experience building accessible web applications, and the related standards (ARIA) and assistive technologies
- Keen to work with other teams to understand their needs, and to develop tools and libraries to support them
- Comfortable creating documentation, guides, walk-throughs, videos and presentations to evangelize your work
- Experience with web performance techniques to make web applications super fast