Software Developer (Oakville, CA)
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for and Great Places to Work in the UK. We’re growing our Support Team in Canada and we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a Software Developer to join our Support team. You will be working with your team to investigate and fix all client related bugs on our Job Board Enterprise Product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating, triaging and resolving client-based bugs
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Possessing great awareness of the commercial impact of client issues
- Root cause analysis
- Documenting atypical fixes for future use
Who You Are:
- Fast learner
- Great critical thinking and investigation skills
- You have excellent attention to detail
- Proven track record of in depth product knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of good prioritisation and organizational skills
You’re an empathetic, supportive team member who is enthusiastic about personal growth and learning both the ins and outs of the products you support and your own technical development. You are passionate about providing great customer service to bring success to our client’s businesses.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- SQL Server/TSQL
- Object oriented methodologies
- Agile methodologies
You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company. You are creative, consistent and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
You will be part of a team of 5 Support Developers, two based in Canada (including yourself) and 3 in Brighton, UK. The team very much work autonomously day to day, managing their own work load while also supporting each other constantly. The Support team have a dedicated line manager who is passionate about your personal development and ensuring you are happy in your role – regular 1-2-1s and feedback are very important to us.
We work intelligently – we’re smart, we’re problem solvers and we innovate
We collaborate – with our clients, with each other and with our community
We’re bold – we think big, we challenge and we’re brave
We strive for personal growth – we’re ambitious, we’re driven and we’re constantly learning
We enjoy what we do – we’re passionate, we’re supportive and we achieve
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of up to $50,000, reviewed annually
- 23 days’ annual paid vacation, increasing each year you work with us
- Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP)
- Life Insurance
- Extended health & dental plan
- Long Term Disability plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- We are committed to your personal career growth and we will provide you with Learning & Development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your resume along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team.
Madgex welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.