Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment
The Cloud Security Specialist will be responsible for the oversight of the firm’s Business Units (BUs) efforts to deploy solutions in Cloud environments.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work with Cloud Security in AWS or Azure and associated best security practices.
- Work with developers and system architects on Cloud deployments to diagnose, document, and remediate deviations from security standards.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of cloud security controls.
- Maintains security by ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures set out by the ISO.
- Identifies security gaps, and works with different teams within the organization to resolve them.
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Conducts incident response analyses.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Relevant skills include an understanding of business/technology risk, thought leadership in designing and executing cloud / technology controls that mitigate those risks, and ability to keep up-to date with the latest technologies and potential cyber-threats
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
- 2+ years of Network and/or Cloud Security experience
- 2+ years of experience with network protocols, networking standards, supervision, and enforcing Information Security Policies.
- 2+ years’ experience with securing application deployments in AWS, Azure, or another similar hosted environment.
- Experience securing sensitive data and tracking its secure movement/storage in virtual environments
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- CISSP, other accredited security qualification or vendor specific relevant certification.
- Experience in scripting (Python, BASH, Ruby)
- Experience securing Microsoft/Windows environments
- Experience with IT or technology related compliance and risk management related frameworks such as RMF, NIST 800-53, IEC 62443, UL CAP, or other comparable is a plus
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit