Digital Marketing Manager
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for all organic and paid activities on the D2L website. While helping to aggressively promote the brand and drive lead generation across vertical sectors and geographies. We’re looking for someone who has experience working within a fast growing high tech company. They will proactively work with various groups including Segment Marketing, Public Relations, Events and International Marketing teams to understand corporate objectives and deliver organic and paid traffic to the web to meet those objectives.
- Define, manage and execute our on-page and off-page SEO strategy on an ongoing basis to improve search rankings for key terms at the top, middle and bottom of our marketing funnel.
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Conduct keyword research to guide content teams
- Perform technical SEO audits to identify onsite & offsite issues and opportunities
- Work with the content team to optimize website content and blog posts
- Work with developers and engineers to implement and QA technical recommendations
- Stay current with the latest trends in SEO and inbound marketing strategies and tactics
- Manage all aspects of our paid advertising programs, including: strategic planning, budget management, content development, set up, ongoing optimization, vendor relationship management, landing page creation and lead management.
- Monitor, track, record and report advertising performance metrics on a weekly/monthly basis to continually identify opportunities/risks and implement solutions to reach CPA, ROAS and other KPI targets.
- Provide actionable insights to optimize creative, messaging and value propositions for intelligent and creative retargeting.
- Implement A/B testing initiatives in key areas such as ad creative, lead-gen forms and landing page messaging and layout.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to ensure proper planning, execution, evaluation and optimization of ongoing and new campaigns.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience with B2B pay-per-click advertising, SEO and website management
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g. Conductor, Screaming Frog, MOZ) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search (Google AdWords), retargeting, social network advertising (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more), and content syndication networks
- Proven SEO experience
- Excellent copy writing skills as well as an eye for design
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort tackling ambiguity
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Expert knowledge of current SEO and inbound marketing practices
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Proficiency in Wordpress
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and can derive strategic insights from data
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Web Development or Communications
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit