Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
D2L’s Strategic Communications Director is responsible for developing and executing an integrated strategy for internal and executive communications, and which supports and aligns with the company’s mission and business objectives.
The Strategic Communications Director is responsible for developing creative programs, content and services that help employees understand and effectively execute D2L’s business goals and become brand ambassadors for the organization. This position will develop and oversee the execution of an integrated internal global communications strategy in support of business objectives. Additionally, this position will lead a global employee communications program aimed at deepening employee engagement and protecting and enhancing the reputation of D2L with key stakeholders across the globe through innovative and differentiated internal communications. This position will also support key executives in their communications through a variety of channels for both internal, and external use – including significant announcements, articles and blogs, speeches, and other thought leadership efforts.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
The candidate’s mandate will be to provide internal communications that enhance the employee experience while reinforcing business progress and objectives.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Provide communications support and strategic counsel to D2L’s Senior Leadership team as it relates to the business: support of business objectives, reputation enhancement; and deepening employee engagement
- Work in partnership with a range of internal stakeholders (including People and Culture, Marketing, Sales, Legal and the executive team) to execute best in class coordinated global and local internal communication strategies.
- Implement effective internal communications programs for a global employee population
- Materially contribute to the success of SPARK (intranet/learning system) as a primary communications vehicle to all D2L employees
- Ensure all employees understand D2L’s vision, values and strategic progress through the use of innovative communications strategies and tactics
- Develop and execute proactive integrated internal communications plans and tactics that support change management activities and help increase employee engagement
- Support managers and other leaders in communications advice, with tools and tactics to enable them to effectively motivate and engage employees
- Support existing communication initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 10+ years of senior communications experience including employee communications, and change management initiatives
- Outstanding written, interview and interpersonal skills – a great storyteller
- Highly motivated, adaptable and diplomatic with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Results-focused and team builder
- Experience implementing innovative communication strategies
- Ability to influence people and facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners
- Ability to understand key performance indicators, and present both quantitative and qualitative data in a compelling fashion
- Ability to make links between internal and external communications and brand
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit