Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
As an Implementation Consultant, you will lead new client implementation projects across all verticals (Higher Education, Corporate, K12). Being the client's primary point of contact, you will work closely with Sales, Product Development, and other Services departments to ensure that each client is prepared and enabled for their launch. This is a very project-oriented role and most of the tasks completed in this role would be considered billable. Travel may be required.
The role has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical, business, and project accountability including: project management, requirements facilitation, business analysis, technical solution design, and solution implementation.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Primary technical contact in the Implementation Phase of D2L Solutions for medium and large sized clients
- Assess client technical readiness and plan software installation and configuration
- Requirements analysis with clients to establish an implementation and configuration plan for the solution.
- Propose, design, develop, and deploy standard product as well as custom technical solutions.
- Design, configure, and deploy integration solutions between enterprise systems such as the D2L suite of products and Student Information Systems.
- Support client acceptance testing of deployed solutions.
- Keep up to date with new technology trends to help facilitate client learning solutions.
- Maintain proficiency with D2L Web Services APIs to help clients develop custom integrations.
- Design and develop solutions using most effective technology for a given situation like XML, XSLT, MS SQL or various scripting languages.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience including
- Working with technologies such as
- API integrations
- Single Sign-On/Web Authentication
- Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)/Enterprise Web Applications
- Working with technologies such as
- Ability to multitask many simultaneous projects using strong organizational skills
- Confident and knowledgeable in Information Technology, including systems development lifecycle, business modeling, systems integration/implementation, methodologies, estimating and architecture
- Familiarity with end-to-end project lifecycle including business case definition, requirements & architecture through development & implementation
- Highly proactive and independent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise solution implementation to business customers
- Comfortable in communicating with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to derive requirement
- Familiar with Enterprise principles of Scalability and Reliability
- Experience working in the Education Sector (K-20) considered an asset
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit