Engineering Manager (Methods)
Erwin Hymer Group North America is one of the fastest-growing manufacturers in Canada, and we’re in search of an Engineering Manager (Methods) to lead in developing new production methods as we introduce new products and go after new markets with our leading-edge recreational vehicles. In this position, you’ll work with a team to achieve rapid growth and enhance our productivity to support expansion. We’re looking for someone who will deftly manage competing priorities while keeping the company faithful to our overall growth objectives. As an innovative and highly-integrated manufacturer, we’re interested in candidates from a broad range of manufacturing backgrounds.
WHAT WILL OUR NEW ENGINEERING MANAGER (METHODS) DO?
· Work closely and cooperatively with the Engineering Manager (Development) and the Director of Engineering and Innovation, to whom both Engineering Managers directly report;
· Support the company’s expansion as we introduce new vehicle models and open new plants by introducing new and more productive methods of manufacturing, which must be coordinated across a number of locations;
· Ensure that production methods and plant layouts create safe, healthy, and productive working environments for our entire quickly-growing team;
· Lead a cross-functional team of 10-15 engaged employees, including engineers and technicians, to
o develop standardized practices for manufacturing that ensure continuity and consistency across multiple plant locations;
o work collaboratively with product engineering and production to problem-solve, optimize existing processes, and ensure optimal production line balancing;
o manage the continual development of complicated assembly processes and tools for a range of products, each of which consists of approximately 3000 parts and combines a vehicle, home, entertainment centre, and campsite into one finished product;
· Proactively assess and communicate resource requirements and challenges to upper management and other departments to keep our manufacturing and methods development on-track in a very busy workplace;
· Act as a true leader in the company by being a positive force in the Erwin Hymer community, helping every day to make this an excellent place to work for all of our team members, including you.
WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE?
· experience managing manufacturing growth and change, including playing a key role in design and/or implementation of new systems or processes;
· 5+ years leadership experience in an engineering management or supervisory role;
· formal education, training, or certification in areas related to manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, operations management, lean manufacturing, and/or project management;
· a genuine passion for process—if you’re excited by the prospect of designing and launching new methods to achieve ambitious production goals, we want to hear from you.
WHAT MAKES ERWIN HYMER A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
We’re ambitious and we expect our team to give their best effort to achieve the goals we set together. In return, we invest in people who are committed to growing with us. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including a full EAP program. We have a great workplace, and we hope you like it here, but we know you’ve got a life outside our doors, too, and we think it’s important. We’re working hard to be an employer of choice at every location, and to give back to each of our communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this or any other tech career opportunities at Erwin Hymer, please be in touch.
At Erwin Hymer Group North America, we value diversity and work to ensure all employees and candidates have equal opportunities to succeed. Should you require accommodations of any kind to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.