- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
As an engineer at PicThrive you will be responsible for designing, developing and owning projects that directly impact customers around the world. Our growing team needs engineers that can help shape and take our platform to the next level. We’re on an exciting trajectory and we want you to join the adventure.
We are looking for a well-rounded engineer that enjoys learning new technologies, languages and platforms. Someone who is not afraid of materially improving customers’ lives, business and revenue. They’re a self-motivated individual who wants to join a small team to have a material impact on the platform and organization as a whole. We constantly strive to have a team environment where constructive feedback, learning and openness drive greater products and experiences for our customers.
You’ll be part of a team that loves talking tourism, technology and constantly learning. You’ll have ongoing support, a fun work environment, beer on the regular and be part of a team that loves winning.
We’re based in Kitchener, Ontario; the growing heart of Canada’s startup community.
What you will do
- Design, implement and own features that will directly impact tour and activity operators day-to-day operations.
- Engage with every level of our stack, from the UI to the backend distributed media processing pipeline.
- Collaborate with our team through discussions, design and code reviews to improve our customers’ experiences.
- Play a pivotal role in a growing company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Fast learner that can adapt to new tools & languages.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Innate curiosity and drive to build great stuff.
- Excited by solving hard, ambiguous problems.
- A solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with: Go, ES6, TypeScript, and Angular(4+ and JS).
- Familiarity with multimedia encoding.
- Interest in photography or image processing.
Tech we work with
- FFMPEG & GraphicsMagick
What we offer
- Work on a product that impacts the travel experience of consumers around the world
- Collaborative work environment
- Engaged co-workers
- Stock options
PicThrive is rapidly bringing the adventure tourism industry to the modern world and changing the way photos/videos are bought and shared. We make it easier for tour operators to deliver photos/videos to their guests immediately after the tour experience while adrenaline is still pumping. We help tour operators grow their revenue and boost their marketing to new levels. For tourists, it’s making their whole tour experience a fun one, including making it easy for their friends and family to join in the experience.
Our engineers need to design software that not only helps tour operators, but the guests as well. Designing a new feature needs to take into account multiple customers needs, desires and conflicting views. We need to take the complex and simplify it down to the ideal solution. As we continue to grow we need focus on reducing latency, scaling our systems, maintaining our reliability and continuing to improve our global presence.
PicThrive in the press